Social Media Marketing in China is a powerful medium for launching and developing brands. Majority of the users purchase products on the recommendation of other social network users. On an average, netizens of China spend close to an hour on social media platforms. For increasing your company’s or brand presence, it is necessary to be actively present on social media sites. As Chinese spend more time on social media than other countries, it is essential for firms and brands to have a deep insight regarding social media networks. More than fifty percent users participate in online discussions and these discussions directly influence business strategies. The trend is the users are playing an active role by sharing their valuable feedback on various platforms, which in turn help a brand to customize its services.
We will discuss some trends related to social media marketing in China.
• Targeting customers with Right Advertising – With the help of social media, the ultimate aim is to generate leads by converting the potential customers. The availability of big data systems helps the social media sites to promote their paid ads for getting potential clients. Top communication tools in China uses official account ads, moment ads and mini program ads for advertising. After determining promotion goal, choose the target group based on regions, population attributes, mobile device, etc.
• Market having KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) – The power for influencing consumer purchasing behavior has moved from traditional media to individual brand ambassadors. These ambassadors known as KOLs have a lasting influence on purchase demands and they can be hired for a company for promotional events. A research says that the influencer economy in China will be more than 15 billion dollars by 2018 end. Top social media platforms uses a KOL based marketing platform where firms look for specific KOLs for publishing their content. You must choose various KOLs according to your strategy, budget, and target groups.
• Content should be creative – The more innovative the content is, the more people will engage with your brand. In China, content is the heart and soul where people take high interest in captivating stories, videos and pictures. Many firms use H5 pages in their posts for increasing the quality of the experience of the users.
• Online Store – After getting quite a number of followers, it is best to have an online store, which helps to flourish social media marketing in China. One can build a store on a popular social media platform and link words or pictures to specific products and purchase web links; Opening an online store is a convenient method and will cost less to the firms. However, only the verified accounts have access in opening a store.
• Small programs – create some small programs under a social media platform and ojne can create his/her own survey and post in a particular group. One can also provide a service like having a program in English language where people can communicate with the English speaking community.
Social Marketing Photo
By Templune from Pixabay