Are you considering whether to run a pay per click marketing campaign for you company? Maybe though you are not quit sure what you might be getting into. Then it is in your best interests to know both the pros and cons that come with such a campaign.
With any type of business idea a person likes to look at the benefits first because they want to see the positive side. So that is the place to start. What exactly are the pros of running a pay per click campaign for your business and product.
1. Anyone can do it. Pay per click marketing can be used by anyone. You do not necessarily need deep pockets to get started. Yes you need some start up funds. But you get to set your own budget. Whether it is a $100 or $500 or $5000 you get to determine the amount of money you want to spend. You have the control instead of someone else. Pay per click marketing is available to everyone. And you do not need to be a genius to get started.
2. The results of a pay per click campaign can usually be seen immediately. It does not take weeks or months to know whether your campaign has been successful. You are able to track the results of your campaign as it is happening. This gives you the ability to make quick decisions about your campaign as well. If your campaign is going well you can increase your budget and if not you can cut back. You’ll know how to react when it matters instead of after it is too late.
3. Your website doesn’t need to follow all the SEO rules. Organic search engine results rely on websites being well optimized. But with a pay per click campaign you are buying placement at the top of the search engine results page. You get to automatically go to the head of the class.
4. You can bid on any keyword or phrase that you want. Most businesses and products have all sorts of keywords related to it. And you can have a piece of as many as you would like for a price. All you need to do is keep your bidding competitive.
So now that you know what some of the pros are it is important to know a few of the cons as well.
1. Pay per click fraud. Not every visitor received is a legitimate prospect. Some clicks may come from competitors that are looking to cost you money. It does happen at times. So it is important that you take the time to analyze your click traffic periodically. That way you might spot illegitimate clicks. If this does happen and you can prove it you can often get your money back.
2. Effective pay per click advertising can be expensive over the long run. And you have to spend the time tracking your campaign so that your costs do not get out of hand. You can easily lose thousands if you think you are going to set up a campaign that will run itself.
3. You have to pay the bill each month. If you don’t your campaign can get cut off. Once again this emphasizes the point of active management being needed. Having the time and resources set aside before you begin is important to a successful campaign.
Pay per click marketing has been the single biggest breakthrough in advertising since the invention of the TV. The dollars being spent on this form of advertising are only getting bigger each year. If you need to reach a large audience and the internet has the single largest audience you are ever going to find then pay per click marketing might be right for you.
Web Marketing Photo
By designer_akhil from Pixabay