When most people think of web marketing, they think of things such as article marketing, pay-per-click ads, online classifieds, among others.
Although those things work, most people fail to realize the potential power behind using social bookmarking as a web marketing tool for their web biz.
Most of this is due to the fact that very few people know how to use social bookmarking effectively. We may hear about Digg or Del.i.cious, but most of us don’t know how to use them effectively.
What is it?
Simply put, social bookmarking allows people all over the internet to share, rate, and review internet content.
Unlike traditional search engines that rank content based on the number of inbound links, social bookmarking relies on people to rate and rank content. In other words, the more highly your content is rated, the better.
Social Bookmarking For Your Web Biz
1. Register with a social bookmarking site. Digg, StumbleUpon, & Technorati are examples of popular social bookmarking sites.
2. Download the software. This usually a browser toolbar of some sort.
3. Submit & rank your website(s).
4. Add friends & rank/review other sites. Most critical, and probably most overlooked, step in the process.
Don’t make the mistake of just submitting your website because you get more bang for your buck if you rank and review a lot of content. In other words, the more you use social bookmarking, the better it will be for your web biz.
After all, the goal is to increase your website’s visibility and possibly gain more traffic in the process.
Some Words of Advice
Although social bookmarking has the power to drastically improve your web biz site’s traffic, it can also be used against you if you don’t heed to the following warning.
*Do NOT submit crappy content!! Spam and plagiarized, irrelevant content are all examples of “crappy” content.
Words of Advice
1. Submit quality content. Don’t copy other people’s content. Don’t ramble. It’s critical that you stay on topic and relevant. Why put yourself at risk for a low rating or review?
2. Play nice and be mindful of the kind of image your displaying on the web. It all will come back to you, either in a positive or in a negative light.
3. Be purposeful about the actions you take when it comes to promoting your web biz. Don’t just rank or review content aimlessly. Stay in your niche. That’s how you will attract targeted traffic.
Social Marketing Photo
By geralt from Pixabay