Search engine optimization is the process of providing good positioning in the search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Msn. It involves analyzing the keywords and phrases in the web site and choosing the best ones that give the best results for the search engines and also for the human visitors.
Today, SEO is very important because the WWW is very competitive market. Million of sites compete for some given keywords to rank higher for each ones. Good understanding therefore for how to optimize a web site for the search engines is necessary.
Many companies today use SEO tools to improve their ranking in search engines. These tools open connection to a single page or to multiple pages. They find the most dominant keywords in the page and the pages linked from the main page. These can help to decide what the page is talking about. The same process is done by the search engine when it analyze the pages crawled where it finds the main keywords in the page.
Search engine optimization requires using right methods to help succeed improving the ranking in the search engines. Two ways to give good results are improving site content and prompting the site on good neighbor sites.
Several tips exist for improving the web site through SEO:
1. The web site owner must be expert in the subject he is writing: when some one add content to a site he owns, he must be expert in the subject to add useful content. This will be reflected on the site visitors when they read the content.
2. Good planning for the site: when the site is well planned; it will give more ease for the users and will make it usable. Well planning also give good results for the search engines.
3. Choose the most important keywords: once the subject you are expert in is choosed, the main keywords must be determined. It must be repeated the more times with respect to other keywords in the page but not too mush to avoid spamming.
4. Give one subject for each page: each page must have unique subject. This subject must be determined closely to find presentation around this subject to be written in the page.
5. Get enough time developing the site content: content is the main factor affecting the site usability and usefulness. If the content is good and doesn’t exist on many sites, it will be a great deal for the webmaster and the visitors.
6. Link to your site: linking from external sites is the most important. The webmaster must see what his site is talking about and link to it with the main keywords and the description. Directories are a good way to start build links. Forums also are a quick way to put links and pull traffic from it.
7. Repeat the above until get the best result: the steps above must not be made just once because nothing is get overnight. It must be repeated again and again when a new idea to develop the site is get in mind. With time the site will be get better and better