Marketing to real estate agents just got a little faster. Recently, a new marketing tool began: social networking. During the past few years, loan officers have increasingly turned to alternatives like Facebook to increase their marketing to real estate agents. Real estate agents refer clients to loan officers they like – why? Because people like doing business with people they like. This is as matter of fact as in business-to-business sales as it is in the business-to-consumer market. Facebook helps you to become mates – with loads of real estate agents in your neck of the woods.
Six Strategies to Use Facebook For Marketing to Real Estate Agents
Demonstrated here are 6 ways you may use Facebook to help your relationships – without trying to promote any loan programs. This may be a new technique of marketing. Downplay the business side of your being on Facebook. Stress building trust.
1. I know, that sounds paradoxical, but first, show you are a real person. Use Facebook to let your “friends” see you as a person like them, somebody they can find common ground with, somebody they can like. Then, when they become relaxed with you, they are going to want to share referrals with you as they originally came to like and trust you.
2. Share a bit about your other interests. If you feel comfortable doing so describe your hobbies and interests. Join groups that interest you. And act like a friend — think about others first: send ideas and links related to their interests and post testimonials for them on their Facebook.
3. Invite real estate agents to become Facebook chums. Skew your Facebook activities towards business by inviting peers to become “friends.” While you may invite family and people outside of business, also ask customers & prospects to be pals. Additionally, you can invite people whom you need to get to understand better. In addition, you can send out notices to pals of your group.
4. Post professional events like teleseminars, webinars, and even conventions. Send invitations to them thru the Facebook Event Coordinator.
5. Use Facebook to do fact finding. Facebook provides amazing tools to research your clients, prospects and vendors. Use what real estate agents openly share on Facebook to better understand them.
Besides their profiles, real estate agents on Facebook upload photos, write comments on their pages, and post what they do now. Here your buddies will generally tell you more about their non-professional interests than the characteristic database researching all the general public records can tell you.
6. The last point about using Facebook for marketing to real estate agents is to incorporate a signature on any notes you send friends just like you do on notes and regular letters.
In your signature, you can offer a free give away or report and include a link. If they follow that link, it takes them to an opt-in page for newsletters from you. Then your autoresponder will drip regular messages or mailings in order that you can build a more robust rapport with them.
Facebook can be another way for marketing to real estate agents so you develop more business and close more loans.