The “Pie in the Sky” Marketing Tool and method consists of using a combination of four active and four passive marketing techniques to create a very powerful, yet easy-to-implement promotional campaign system.
These days, whether you have predominantly an offline or online business, it makes good sense to use both online and offline promotional strategies. Combining online and offline activities will enable you reach more people; some of them whom you would never have reached online, and vice-versa. However, it is entirely up to you what mix of active and passive techniques you use in your promotional campaign.
So, what is an “active” promotional technique? It means:
1. You are personally involved in marketing activities.
2. You are physically interacting with a potential customer.
3. There exists a 2-way conversation.
Examples of active techniques are:
* Talking on phone
* Conducting speeches/Teaching classes
* Writing emails or letters
* Product demonstrations
* Trade shows
* Grass roots marketing
Passive promotional techniques means there exists one-way communication, and there is no physical interaction.
Examples of passive techniques are:
* Web site
* Direct mail
* Email newsletters/e-Zine
* Brochure/flyer distribution
* Publish an article or book
* Public relations
* TV appearance or radio talk show
Ideally, you will want to use a combination of active and passive promotional techniques in your business.
The method I teach my clients to use to help them easily identify which techniques they will use to promote their business is called the “Pie in the Sky Marketing Method”. Each “slice” of the pie represents one type of marketing tactic. You can create your own “pie” by following these 3 easy steps:
1. Brainstorm and write down a list of tactics you can use to reach your market niche. Keep in mind the: – Cost
– Ease of implementation, and
– Potential success of each tactic you write down
Narrow the list to the most feasible marketing tactics, using the above-listed criteria. Choose eight marketing tactics.
2. Take out a sheet of paper, and draw a large circle in the center. Draw 4 lines to create 8 slices.
3. Write one marketing tactic in each slice of the pie.
When you fill in each of your pie slices with a tactic, be sure to include tactics (marketing programs) that speak to your strengths. In other words, if you don’t like public speaking, perhaps instead you can interview important people and write about what they said.
Once you have identified the chosen marketing tactics you will use to reach your market niche, you will then attach an implementation schedule to them.
For example, if you want to publish an e-Zine, you may decide to send it out bi-weekly. Or, maybe you decide to give a free talk one time per month to your market niche. Get the picture?
The key to marketing success is consistency. You can’t expect to do something once or twice and achieve results. Implement your chosen promotional techniques on a daily and weekly basis, and watch your income soar!
Copyright 2008 Bonita L. Richter
Web Marketing Photo
By designer_akhil from Pixabay